**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Vengeance by Michelle Madow
How far would you go to get revenge?
When Chelsea Givens discovered that her ex-boyfriend Drew dumped her to be with her former best friend Lizzie, she'd never felt so betrayed in her life. Then her new friend Shannon tells her she can help set things right. Chelsea's willing to listen, but what Shannon wants her to believe -- that she shared a past life with Drew -- is impossible. And what she wants her to do to get him back … well, it's downright crazy.
Could Shannon be telling the truth? And if she is, what lengths will Chelsea go if it means making Lizzie pay?
Find out in Vengeance, the second part of the Transcend Time Saga.
*Vengeance is the short story that bridges the events in Remembrance and the final novel in the Saga.




How do I rate this when I could write the whole plot at the back of a stamp.

***Spoiler alert***

It wasn't particularly bad. I actually enjoyed learning more about Chelsea and Shannon. But I'm quite disappointed to know that Chelsea tried to win Drew back because 'I look better than Lizzie with her out of control hair' or 'Lizzie always gets the guys' or 'Drew and I are meant to be together'. Chelsea said she loved Drew, either she is delusional or love in this book series holds a very shallow meaning.

I'd like to direct the author to this line here;

"She wore one of those shapeless dresses fat women wear, even though she was so thin that a breeze could knock her over."

The line came from Chelsea, which is understandable considering her bitchy persona in this novella, but I don't think it's appropriate to write something potentially offensive like that in a book.

I also find that disappointing to find out that Chelsea had this thought;

"Now if Shannon got mad at me, she might tell everyone in her group not to be friends with me."

Blergh! Popular girls and their paranoia for tainted reputations.

"But the strangest thing about it was that instead of being electric, it was lit by candles."

Finally, real time transcending happened! If Genevieve tried to tell Chelsea's everything through words, I swear I'll flip a table. Fortunately, such thing didn't happen. But wait...what? I thought it's common sense. NO ELECTRICITY EXISTED CENTURIES AGO! What is strange about it, Chelsea?

Oh well, I don't know...this short story changes everything I knew about Chelsea. I used to think she is more than this typical airhead, pretty, popular girl at school. Like I said before, I thought she is deserving of Lizzie's friendship, not judgmental, confident without a care of the world. Getting rejected by Drew shouldn't change what she is 180 degree.

View all my reviews

1 comments:

Hi! I have nominated you for the Lovely Blog Award: http://tiffanylovesbooks.wordpress.com/2012/07/19/one-lovely-blog-award/

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...