**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Pandora's Key by Nancy Richardson Fischer
My rating: 2 of 5 stars
When everything you believed about yourself is a lie, how do you unlock the truth…
Evangeline Theopolis has nightmares about the violent deaths of women she has never met. Her single mother, Olivia, suffers delusions she can’t hide. And Malledy, a brilliant young man, may have a disease that will leave him paralyzed and insane. Their lives are about to collide.
On Evangeline’s 16th birthday her mother gives her a necklace with an antique key charm—a family heirloom, though no one knows what the key unlocks.
Everything changes. Her mom is hospitalized. Her godmother attempts murder. An ancient Order tries to kill Evangeline, and a lethal sect to kidnap her.
Nothing makes sense—especially Evangeline’s own face, which has morphed from geeky to eerily stunning; the ancient key that feels strangely alive against her skin; and the magical abilities she begins to possess.
Evangeline must use her wits and supernatural powers to fight her deadly adversaries and discover her true identity. But can she accept who she really is and save the world?


This is awkward. I actually don't know how to put things that went wrong for me in words. Me. Zuleeza. A reviewer who always has something to say.

Hmm...it was meh, uninteresting, plain, bland, so-so. Not particularly bad but just meh!

Dammit, I seriously don't know what to write.

The writing was good but not special. The plot made sense most of the time but blatantly predictable. 75% of the plot had actually been summarized in the synopsis itself.

*Another moment of brain freeze*

O-ooukay,...lets move on to the characters. They are uninspiring in general. I seriously wanted to punch Evangeline across the face because it took about a quarter of the book for her to finally accept who she is. And I couldn't understand why she was so reluctant! Of course, it's hard to take in the truth but she witnessed one evidence after another, what else did she want? For the Gods to come down from the sky to tell her the truth?

The rest of the characters are very one-dimensional, just functioned as fillers for me. The villain is just plain psychotic. Why can't we have dynamic villains (and don't forget psychotic) like Loki and the Joker. That would be far more interesting.

Well, this book is like someone I come across the street unnoticed. Nothing to set this apart from other mystery/thriller books lying around in the market.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...