**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys all the ones she doesn't want. Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They're powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.
And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.
Secrets are hard to keep when your life's at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who's hiding the most dangerous truth of all.
The storm is coming

Okay, it's a challenge to write a review after half a month I finished with this book. Ha-ha! It's what you got when you chose to read a book right before a major exam starts.

One thing I vividly remember though...


This book haz it.

Where do I begin...how about THE FIVE HOT GUYS! (Actually, Becca's dad was actually kind of cute until I actually found out his secret).

Well, it didn't reach the point where I found my ovaries were exploding. But, close enough nonetheless. No matter what kind of guys you like, you're in for a ride.

Micheal, the eldest is the father-figure in the bunch. He is protective (overly-protective sometimes) and responsible. If you can ignore his distant and cold aura, that is.

Gabriel, one of the twins is the mini Tony Stark. Genius, billionaire, playboy, philantrophist. Oh wait, minus the genius part.

And the billionaire part.

And...and the philantrophist part too.

Hurmm...I guess Gabriel is not the mini Tony Stark.

He's more like the Human Torch from Fantastic Four, I think. (Oh, Chris Evans! Squeeeeee)

Nicholas!!! The other twin. Don't you dare call him Nicky! It's not even cute. He's my favourite because I aways drawn to nice, nerdy, intelligent guys. With a sense of humour, of course. (Now you know why I remain single, don't you? Haha).

And why? WHY??? Nicholas can't have a book for himself, Brigid Kemmerer? WHY???!!!

And lastly, Chris is the focus of this book. His insecurity makes him such a douche sometimes. But overall, he is this sweet and sensitive guy.

Huh? I totally forgot about Hunter. He is cool, I guess but generally I just don't like blond guys? (Maybe I deserve to be stoned to death for my discrimination but I can't help it!). Believe it or not, he was the one guy who almost managed to get my ovaries to explode. I almost wanted to shove Becca away from Hunter's embrace and whisper "Take me instead, Hunter! I'd wear all those crazy bracelets you have in your possession though I'm not a hippie". Note that I have nothing against hippies.

Sheesh, this review is going nowhere.

ANYWAY, with so many male characters interacting at one time, it was hard for me to exactly pinpoint who is this 'he' and 'him'.

Next, plotwise, this book was going at slowpoke level. I mean, really half of the book had been summarized in the blurb already. I had this "You're so dumb, Becca. Of course, they are Elementals. It's written at the back cover of the book!" moment. But she couldn't possibly know this. Oh, well.

Again, plotwise, the initial chapters are dedicated to one after another testosterone-fueled brawls between the guys and I thought


It didn't help with the fact that I was forced to read what colour Chris' and Gabriel's shirts are and whether Micheal is wearing any slippers or not. God, Becca, the guys are hot I get it, but no need to be overly observant. This kind of writing made Becca looks cheap.

Okay, with so many low points you must be wondering, WHY DID I GIVE THIS FREAKING BOOK FOUR STARS ANYWAY?

It was because of the FUN! It amazed me how closely the dialogues sound like everyday teenage conversations. I actually laughed numerous times due to the guys' snide remarks and Becca's dramatic monologues. Me. Laughing. The stoic me who hardly laugh at jokes.

Quite an achievement, I must say Ms Kemmerer.

But then again, this book is not something I would want my dad to know about because if he found out I'm reading this kind of books, he would bury me alive and seal my coffin shut with adamantium nails.

Why? Because the level of cursing caused me headache at some points.

But my dad is not on GR! So hoorrahhh!!

View all my reviews

1 comments:

Hey! Awesome stuff!
I tagged you for the LIebster Award on my blog. Check it out! Brooke
http://thecovercontessa.blogspot.com/2012/07/good-morning-all-i-have-been-fortunate.html

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...