**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~

description description description

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Calla has always welcomed war.
But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.

I know this is bizarre, but this book was better than I expected.

I thought I will let this book to be drenched in the thunderstorm outside because I expected Calla to be so dumb and Shay and Ren would act like total douche bags.

That was how low I've set the bar for this book. Don't get me wrong. Calla was still dumb and the two boys did act like douche bags but it was tolerable.

**Spoilers ahead** Just go ahead...you won't read this book anyway because your time is better spent for something else. Trust me.

So this book started off with Ren and Calla, almost making out. And I thought, here I am...reading a young adult book for its supposedly clean romance. Hmm...maybe I should limit myself to children books only.

Then Calla brought Ren back to Searchers HQ and somehow forgotten that Shay was there and he could not be in the same room with Ren.

Dear Calla, I don't know if a wolf's brain is smaller than human's but it's not an excuse for NOT using it.

As you might have expected, Ren and Shay tried to bite each other's head off and poor Calla still didn't know what to do.

Until Adne asked her to be their alpha.

Again, Calla dropped her brain, most likely while shifting from her wolf form.

But no! Apparently she forgotten to pick up her brain back because she dared to sleep with Shay while Ren was in the same building as them!

And not only that, when Shay was not around, Calla didn't waste her time, kissing Ren and stuff.

Kids, we all know what do we call a woman like that.
Shhh Nikki Minaj. We're not supposed to say those words while the kids are around.

Calla is one greedy chick. *sigh* She refused to pick her mate because she didn't want either Ren or Shay to leave!

And then the author wasted a chapter for a chit chat between Calla and Bryn on which dude she should choose. An entire chapter only for the climbing part when the Searchers team went to retrieve a part of the elemental cross. Another chapter for the swimming part only when they went retrieving for the other part of the elemental cross.

Now that I've mentioned it, I don't understand why the cross parts weren't guarded heavier when the Keepers knew Shay was looking for each part. Yea, there were vampire bats and stuff but even though the Keepers were too prideful, they should have think better not to let Shay gets the cross and wait for the risky showdown.

Okay, here's the big part. Ren's death! When I looked through the rating, I wondered why the rating is quite low for this book. Because only the fans who would still read the final book of the series, otherwise people would just drop it after Book 1. Like I suspected, the low rating was because the author killed off the fans' favourite character.

Now I tell you what. Calla didn't even deserved Ren. She was spineless albeit growling and snarling all the time. Who would suit her better than this controlling, possessive, Shay.

I'm happy Shay didn't stay with his parents because I remembered a part where Shay admitted that she joined this Searchers mission not for anyone else but for Calla. Not even for his long lost parents.

Back to the snarling, growling part. Since Book 1, I was always uncomfortable when the author portrays the shifters with animalistic traits like that so often. LOL! It turned out that their true self were indeed wolf.

Really, Andrea Cremer, really? I've been wasting my time on animals fable?

Sorry, but I have to remove Nightshade from my favourite shelf.

Fyi, bears are cooler than wolves okay!
descriptionSee? I told you.


View all my reviews

1 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...