**QWERTY**

~ A Young Adult and Fantasy Book Blog ~


Whisper's Edge by London Cole

Genre: Young-Adult Paranormal Dystopian

Word Count: 59k

Cover Artist: Emma Michaels

Amazon     Barnes and Noble     Kobo


Drake and Kelsie quickly discover life won't be quite the same after getting their new abilities, but they hope everything will settle into a sort of normalcy. It doesn't take long for them to realize it's not the kind of normal they were hoping for.
When Kelsie joins Drake for a routine Hunt, they end up stumbling upon an underground bunker that hasn't been opened in nearly a century. When they meet a far-too-friendly ghost, it should be their first indicator to leave things alone and get out of there. Never ones to resist the opportunity for excitement or mystery, they end up in a situation that could cost them dearly–threatening not only everything they've worked for, but their very lives!
Drake's world is turned upside down. A mysterious new girl seems intent on capturing his heart, but that's not all she's after.
Kelsie faces betrayal by the one she holds most dear, only to meet someone new who could change her entire existence; past, present, and future. If only she can stay alive long enough to find out the truth...
Guest Post:

Hi! Hi! I''m so honored to kick off the blog tour for Whisper's Edge. ^_^ I'm going to hand over to London Cole now and he is going to talk about how the cover for Whisper's Edge came about! Enjoy!

There are many tasks required to get a book published, and one of the big ones is finding the perfect cover.  

Today I thought I’d share with you how I decided on the cover for Whisper’s Edge. 

For those of you who have read the books, you've undoubtedly realized that the feel of Drake and Kelsie's story can be dark and dangerous. On the other hand, there’s an awakening of feelings and emotions that may lead to a budding romance...a romance that is not permitted in the Guild where they live.

In short, there are opposing vibes within the story. I thought I had to choose between representing the dark side, or going with the more romantic side, but there were dilemmas in choosing either one. If I were to choose a strictly romantic cover, readers who love mystery and adventure might not give it a second glance. I also didn’t want to alienate potential male readers or mislead any readers who are hoping for a book that focuses only on romance. Going with a cover that only reflected the dark and dangerous nature of the book would have been unfitting because that wouldn't properly reveal the whole temperament of the story, either.

This put me at a loss. I had no idea what I wanted on the cover, only what I didn't. I didn’t want to have the über stereotypical girl with her back facing the world as her long hair flows down and trails away in an invisible breeze. Nor would the partially dressed and insanely good looking male posed in a way that has nothing to do with the book be suitable. I started going through online portfolio after portfolio of cover artists. I was sure when I saw the style I wanted, I’d know.  I figured I’d contact him or her and get the process rolling from there.

Instead of finding just an artist whose style I liked, I found an artist who also had some covers already started. I saw the face of a stunning girl with a background that reminded me of ice and instantly thought of Kelsie in one specific scene towards the end of Whisper's Edge. It fit not only that scene perfectly, but the whole mood of the book- mysterious, dangerous, and definitely excitement. 

It only needed minor modifications to bring it to life as the cover for Whisper's Edge and I hope the readers will fall in love with it as much as I did!

About the Author: 



London Cole is an author of Paranormal Young-Adult novels and novellas. He resides in the large and highly over-heated state of Texas, though he is not originally from there. London was born in the Pacific Northwest, growing up on an Island very near Canada. That means that he is known to slip up and occasionally use words like “ehh” and pronounce “about” like “aboot”.
 Growing up, he always wanted to write but never really knew where to start. Then he got sucked into classical music, against his will, at an early age. Unlike many, he never had imaginary friends as a child, though since he was born into a navy family, the constant moving made him a loner. It was easier to be a loner than try to make new friends all of the time. Being a loner, and having been forbidden from watching TV by his loving but sheltering mother, he turned to creating stories to entertain himself out of sheer boredom. Creating stories became a large part of his life to the point that he started narrating everything he did and conducting dialogue between multiple characters while in the shower.
 When London wasn’t writing stories, he was reading them. He went through dozens of books a month, mainly mysteries that his mom checked out from the library. Once he got older, after high school and college, he started to take writing seriously. He became more confident in his writing, and now, here we are today.  www.londoncole.com @londoncoleYA
 www.facebook.com/londoncoleYA www.goodreads.com/londoncole
Tour Schedule: 

Follow the tour :)

October 1 Guest blog
Zuleeza 

October 2 Guest blog
The Busy Bibliophile

October 4 Guest blog
Claire Ashgrove

October 4 Review
Books, Books, and More Books

October 5 Interview and review
Never Judge a Book by its Cover

October 6 Promo
Howling Books and Design

October 7 Interview
The Creatively Green Write at Home Mom

October 8 Promo
Roxanne’s Realm

October 9 Guest blog
Fang-tastic Books

October 12 Promo and review
Amber's Supernatural & YA Reviews

October 13 Guest blog
Sara In Bookland  

October 14 Guest blog and review (both books)
SIK Book Reviews

October 15 Interview and review
Young at Heart 

October 15 Promo and review
Stuffed Shelves

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I welcome comments and feedback! But because I suck at HTML code, I don't know how to add reply button to each comment (I tried googled it but I think this template doesn't allow such change), so I will be very lousy at keeping track of the comments but it doesn't mean that I don't appreciate your comments! ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...